Social Media & Community Marketing Coordinator - LifeStraw
LifeStraw is seeking a Social Media / Community manager to work with our growing global team. Our Social Media / Community manager will collaborate with the marketing team to make sure that each project gets the resources and attention it needs to be successful. The successful candidate for this role will also be responsible for the creation of different types of content for our social media channels and communicating with other departments within the company to keep marketing campaigns and assets on track.
The job location will be at our offices in Washington DC and the position is reporting directly to the Head of Marketing - Water.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist with creation, conception, and presentation of social media strategy and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Create engaging and relevant brand content in different media formats (video, photo, copy, blog posts, press releases, etc.) that supports overall brand goals and objectives.
- Utilize social listening tools to generate insights to create actionable reports that lead to optimization.
- Create and maintain Content Calendars, including: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube and Pinterest. Post relevant content in accordance with Content Calendar.
- Review user generated comments and posts in a quick and timely manner.
- Respond to comments, when appropriate, in order to foster a positive community and add value to the user’s experience.
- Assist in creation of Social Media Guidelines as defined by the brand.
- Escalate User Generated Content, where appropriate, to internal and client stakeholders.
- Cultivate content from internal company stakeholders, communicating with other countries and distributors.
- Maintain communication with ambassadors, brand partners and content generators.
- Oversee distribution of sample products to ambassadors and other marketing clients and agencies.
- Attend events and global give back programs, taking photographic assets and generating other live content.
Key Competencies (skills):
- Actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc.
- Understanding of popular social networks – design, functionality, users.
- Demonstrated ability to produce community management guidelines and documents that reflects the holistic understanding and implementation of the role of social media and its effects.
- Proficiency in Creative Suite applications and graphic design.
- Good level with photography and creative copy-writing. Video editing skills are a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Very high attention to detail.
- Understanding of outdoor / lifestyle retail industry.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, with an emphasis on written.
- Confident self-starter with competitive drive, initiative, decisiveness and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions.
- Maintain an “everything is possible” attitude, breaking habits and challenging assumptions.
- Strong team player who drives results by securing the commitment and buy-in of others.
- Enjoys travel and adventure, including willingness to travel internationally and willingness to travel up to 40%.
- Have a good sense of humor.
- Passion for social/environmental causes.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Media studies or Journalism
- 3+ years’ of experience managing social media platforms or communities for brands
- Proficiency with computers and technology
- Portfolio of past works (visual, copy, creative, etc.)
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenges, please send your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing your CV, a day-time telephone contact, names and contacts of three referees. We will only respond to electronic applications and to shortlisted applicants.