LifeStraw is seeking an energetic and organized Senior Accountant to join our growing team.
As our new Senior Accountant you will have the overall responsibility for managing the accounting of our US entity. You will also take an active role in supporting our integration of a new ERP system and automating several accounting and operational processes to support a fast growing retail sales business.
This position will be reporting to the Managing Director - LifeStraw. The US office is currently located in Washington DC but is in process of moving to Baltimore, MD.
Key Responsibilities include
Accounting / Audit & compliance
- Manage timely and accurate full cycle accounting duties (including AR, AP, Banks, Cash, Fixed Assets, Inventory, trial balance etc)
- Manage accounts payable including processing payments in a timely manner and booking entries into the ERP system to allow regular and detailed reconciliation of vendor accounts and programs.
- Manage accounts aecievable including ongoing customer invoicing and collections.
- Maintaining accurate inventory accounts and reconciliation.
- Monthly reconciliation of all bank and cash accounts.
- Fixed asset management
- Manage accounting department’s month end close activities and schedules to meet corporate accounting and reporting requirements.
- Reconcile all accounts monthly including inter-company balances.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the activities of external auditors. Manage the audit relationship and the audit activities throughout the year.
- Manage state sales & use tax audits including audit reporting, filing, payment, and resolution
- Monthly account reconciliations for retail accounts, vendors, bank accounts, inventory and 3PL
- Reconciliation of monthly promotional funding, fees and chargeback for both retail and ecomm
- Create and maintain accurate process descriptions SOP’s/ Documentation of Accounting processes.
- Work with sales to ensure accurate P&L reporting and data entry, including but not limited to chargebacks, buybacks, promotional funding, pricing adjustmetns, Coop, Sales Comp and Revenue Deferrals
- Finance transformation/process improvement projects – coordinate with various teams to work on special projects to improve business processes and improve internal controls
- Other financial support as necessary.
- Coordinate with team members to accurately book monthly expenses included corporate credit card charges
Finance & Controlling
- Manage financial reporting and analysis including, but not limited to budget tracking, trend analysis, sales statistics, margin analysis.
- Monitor financial trends and provide management, sales, marketing and supply chain with detailed reports and analysis; advise on problem matters and recommend courses of action designed to correct or reduce their impact
- Manage weekly cashflow requirements with HQ
- Support annual budget process.
- Manage regulatory compliance, corporate policies and procedures, internal control matters, and other financial regulatory/compliance efforts.
- Establish and ensure compliance with financial closing schedule
- Manage closing schedule process improvement in order to provide required financial data in a timely, accurate manner
- Coordinate Corporate Tax, Treasury, and External Reporting and filing.
- Direct the development and implementation of accounting policies and procedures designed to promote compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, promote internal efficiency and address specific problem areas.
- Ensure all technical accounting updates are implemented throughout the company.
- Maintain and manage insurances taken out in the company.
ERP - NetSuite (Oracle)
- Participate with external consultant in the implementation of NetSuite.
- Test & validate new accounting processes and coordinate with other departements.
- Collaborate in enhancing the ERP reporting and workflow of the department.
- Provide regular ERP data to HQ as requested.
- 5 years professional accounting experience.
- Experience in mass distribution retail sales
- Experience in ERP implementation, and knowledge of NetSuite a plus.
- Framiliarity with retail accounting practices and management of trade spend
- Understanding of retail supply chain and operational costs
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel.
- Flexible, data-driven, agile thinker, team-player, pragmatic approach and solutions oriented, accustomed to working with mid-size, multicultural teams and in fast paced environments.
- Experience in an international environment.
- Positive attitude and high level of performance in light of demanding/time-sentitive initiatives.
- Comfortable in a fast paced, start up environment with a willingness to pitch in and support a cross-functional team
- Structured and detail-oriented, good time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- US citizen.
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet these challenges, please email your a copy of your resume to email@example.com. We will only respond to electronic applications and to shortlisted applicants.
LifeStraw believes that diversity, equity and inclusion is critical to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer whose team works hard to build respect, dignity and equity into everything we do. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented, driven and entrepreneurial minded people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.